Finding a warm winter coat at an affordable price can be a difficult task. If you’re anything like me, you have a variety of jackets and coats to choose from; but you inevitably continue to buy new ones (it’s necessary with crazy Wisconsin winters).
I recently snagged this cargo, cheetah faux fur lined Zara parka from TJ Maxx for only $49.99 and dare I say it’s warmer than my Colombia down parka? Well, it is. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find this exact olive cargo parka on TJ Maxx’s website, but encourage you to check out your local store to see if you can find it on location!Nonetheless, I’ve linked a number of similar styled coats for you below.
- Puffer Coat with Faux Fur Hood from Zara, $45.90 // BUY HERE
- Madden Girl Juniors Military Style Parka from TJ Maxx, $39.99 // SHOP HERE
- Long Puffer Coat from Zara, $99 // BUY HERE
- Hooded Parka from Zara in Moss Green, $69.99 // SHOP HERE
- Hooded Parka in Dark Khaki with Faux Fur from Zara (with detachable fur hood lining), $149 // SHOP HERE — very similar to the olive & cheetah one I have!
- Steve Madden Hooded Parka with Faux Fur at TJ Maxx, $59.99 // SHOP HERE
- Juniors Rocawear Puffer Coat from TJ Maxx in Olive, $49.99 // SHOP HERE
It shouldn’t come as a surprise this is yet another post about a cold shoulder top, I’m a huge fan of them. It seems like everytime I step foot into a store lately there’s a plethora of them in a variety of colors and I’m not complaining. I love the simplicity of this white top, paired with a neckerchief from Express (which are trending right now). It adds a little sassiness to the class of the cotton shirt. It’s a MUST add to your wardrobe as the summer months approach!This white, lightweight cotton top I was able to snag at Francesca’s for $14. In fact, I glanced at a few times one night and had to go back for it the following day (thankfully it was still there)! Unfortunately, I can no longer find it online or in store, but I’ve linked some similar tops below for you to check out. Also, no surprise here…there’s very similar tops available right now at my favorite store: TJ Maxx.Best part of the week? My May BootayBag arrived in the mail!Check out BootayBag here: Meet Your New Bae…
Here are some more cold shoulder tops (all with fabulous price tags) that you might enjoy as well:
Stay stylish my friends,
Style is one of the four points of the Miss America Organization crown. To me, its relevance is demonstrated by staying current with trends, but also taking into account what clothing best represents your own personality (and comfort is high on the list too). It’s fun and exciting to experiment with new patterns, textures, and cuts of clothing pieces but it’s essential that in doing so you never stray away from who you are and the things that you like.
I typically describe my style as sexy, classy, and simple. Trying to balance these three qualities can be tricky, however, I feel they’re three accurate adjectives to describe not only my daily wardrobe but my stage wardrobe within the Miss America Organization as well.This patriotic, floral dress caught my eye when I was making a quick sweep through TJ Maxx and I couldn’t pass it up! Off the shoulder tops and dresses are very in for the spring and summer seasons and I love the dramatic neckline they create!
I had my eye on similar suede, bow sandals from DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) for the past few weeks. When I stumbled upon these Kenneth Cole ones (the only ones I could find in store at TJ Maxx) I was elated! If you like those, here are some similar styles you might like:
Stay stylish and comfy my friends.
I often joke that I run on “coffee and protein bars” and it’s not far from the truth…Working full-time as a news reporter isn’t necessarily what you thought it would be in college and at other times it’s so much more (I’ll dive deeper into that subject matter at another time). I’m constantly on the go, especially while balancing a local title within the Miss America Organization and preparing for Miss Wisconsin, but I wouldn’t change it. One thing that makes my life a little easier is finding great deals, like a 40 percent off sale at Express on Monday.These high waisted dark wash jeggings were only $47.94 thanks to the store wide sale, unfortunately the sale is over. However, they do have a ‘Buy 1, Get 1’ for $29.90 deal going on right now. I won’t typically purchase their jeans on a regular basis when they’re full price, but I would advise signing up for the email updates and/or keeping an eye on their store and website for deals.
SHOP THESE PANTS HERE: High Waisted Raw Hem Cropped Jean Leggings ($79.90) I typically do a quick sweep of the store and if something catches my eye, I’ll try it on. The ‘Ultimate Essential Shirt’ is the original fit and let me tell you…it’s fabulous! The material is stretchy, breathable, and extremely comfortable. I snagged this lovely wardrobe piece off the clearance rack for $17.99, so (bad news) you’ll have to go to your local store and look through the sale items to see if there’s still one left in your size. Good news? There’s lots of other patterns and colors in the same style, button-up blouse.
SHOP SIMILAR SHIRTS HERE:
Oh and those fabulous black, lace up flats? I purchased them early fall from TJ Maxx. They’re unisa and I wear them on a regular basis to work. Here are some similar styles at a low price:
My new bracelets from New York & Company arrived in the mail today and I couldn’t be more excited! These adorable gold and light pink beaded gems include a tassel and crystal elephant pendant AND proceeds benefit the kids at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. You can purchase yours for only $16.00 here: NY&C St. Jude Elephant Charm Bracelet.P.S. shout out to the still relatively new Moka Coffee Shop location on South Avenue in La Crosse. Indulging in my favorite hazelnut latte (whether it be hot, iced, or blended) is helping me get through very early mornings this week. Praise the coffee Gods, folks!
Stay stylish and spend less my friends
When it comes to my personal style I typically sum it up with three adjectives during a pageant interview: simple and classy, but sexy.
I’m the type of girl who would love to wear jeans, a baseball cap, and loose fitted v-neck every single day if I could, but that’s not reality (unfortunately). In turn, I try to find neutral pieces that can easily be dressed up for an occasion, kept classy and clean for work, or worn in a more laid back environment that are simultaneously comfortable to wear. It can be a challenge at times and inevitably there are plenty of dresses, skirts, heels, etc. that are located in my closet that aren’t the most comfortable article of clothing I own; however, this blue dress most definitely falls into the comfy category.
OOTD Tuesday, August 16:
- Blue Adrienne Vittadini dress from TJ Maxx (where else would it be from?!) This sleek, sheath blue dress is super soft and hangs alongside my hips, waist, and thighs. It doesn’t wrinkle, washes well, and can be worn for a number of occasions. Not to mention it was only about $30! #ProfessionalMaxxinista
- Tan summer pumps are also Adrienne Vittadini from TJ Maxx. These cutout pumps caught my eye while I was picking up some last minute items before departing for Miss Wisconsin in mid-June and I couldn’t help myself! They’re extra cushioned and SO comfortable! Investing in neutral colored summer, fall, and winter heels that don’t simultaneously leave your feet swelled and in pain at the end of the day is a wise wardrobe choice.
- Gold, teal, and blue twisted necklace. If you’ve read any of my style posts, you know I love to shop but you may not know that purchasing jewelry is the very LAST thing I ever do (if I even do buy any jewelry). In all honesty, I wear simple studs on a regular basis, my favorite Coach watch, and the same Coordinates ring on my right hand ring finger every single day. Every now and then I change things up and add some sparkly earrings, dangles, or a statement necklace to a simple piece to spice it up a bit (like I did today). Lesson to be learned? Invest in some statement pieces that are versatile, but there’s no need to buy new jewelry every time you buy a new top or dress. As CoCo Chanel once said, “Before you leave the house, you should look in the mirror and remove one accessory,” less is always more.
So how do I snag these awesome items from TJ Maxx you ask? I’ve had a number of people ask if they can go shopping with me and the answer to that is I always love a good shopping trip. However, my biggest piece of advice is to provide yourself with time to look through wracks thoroughly and be open minded to trying things on even if it’s not something you would typically purchase or wear. You never know, you might surprise yourself and love it!
Keep making splashes with fun summer fashion my friends (there’s only a month or so left until those chilly fall days commence),