The recent blush and rose gold craze has caught up with me. Which is somewhat shocking because for years I was someone who despised pink and wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. I decided a long time ago upon moving to a new, single bedroom apartment I wanted a white ruffled shower curtain (which I’ve loved the look of for quite some time) and that I’d choose other items around that.
- Marble Threshold Tooth Brush Holder from Target, $9.49 [SALE]
- Rectangular Marble Serving Tray (with rose gold handles) from Target, $21.99 — While I realize this “serving tray” is predominantly meant for just that, serving, in turn to be used in the kitchen I couldn’t pass up this staple piece. It’s part of their relatively new Project 62 line which is bomb.com if you haven’t checked it out! I am a little obsessed with this tray because it mixes the marble with the rose gold. I loved the idea of setting succulents and room spray on it on the back of the toilet or toiletry items on it on the counter.
- White Ruffle LC Lauren Conrad Ella Ruffle Shower Curtain from Kohl’s, $41.99 [SALE] — Comes in white, grey, blush, and teal.
- Titus Tumbler, Rose Gold from Target, $10.82 [SALE] — This was purchased as a makeshift vase for fake hydrangeas or peonies in an effort to pull in more subtle hints of pink and femininity.
- Glass Canister Rose Gold from Project 62 at Target, $9.99 — I bought two of these for Q-Tips and cotton swabs. I love how sleek and chic they are!
- Small Milk Crate Wire Basket at Target, $12.74 [SALE] — this is the basket pictured above that I have sitting on my bathroom counter containing small, rolled up, white hand towels.
- Large Wire Straight Milk Crate, Antique Pewter with Copper Handle at Target, $16.99 [SALE] — the larger of the two pewter baskets I set between the wall and my toilet on the ground at an angle to contain extra rolls of toilet paper.
I’m going to let you in on a secret that I discovered while shopping for some of these items. I have the Target app on my phone and pretty frequently browse items, favorite them, and/or place them in my cart. So when I went to Target after finding an apartment and was searching for some of these canisters and bath accessories that were in my cart on my app, I realized that my location services had discovered exactly what store I was at in Fitchburg and showed me what aisle the items were in that I needed. It also showed me when the item couldn’t be found in the store and how soon it would arrive if I ordered it online. Come on, that’s a “all hail technology” moment in my book!The room scent I have in my bathroom is Almond from Bath and Body Works which I oddly enough fell in love with while working a painting job with my Aunt at someone’s home this fall. I have the almond wall plug-in adjacent from my counter and the candle placed in a rose gold holder on the back of my toilet. Shop Almond 3-Wick Bath and Body Works Candle HERE // On sale right now for $12.95. Note, it is currently in a different, darker design than pictured.
To accent my floating shelves, I purchased two of these small, contemporary white vases for $4.99 a piece from Hobby Lobby and light pink flowers that I cut down and arranged inside. Placed next to my favorite Amber & Argan body lotion from Bath and Body Works and almond room spray. Questions or comments? Post below and let me know what you think!
If you’re a fan of Fixer Upper or know someone that is, this gift guide is ideal for your shopping needs. Their ‘Hearth & Hand’ line recently launched at Target and they have a number of affordable, cute home items that will make wonderful Christmas presents (either for yourself or someone else). Here are my favorites under $100:
- Food Scale Black — Hearth & Hand with Magnolia from Target, $14.99 // This stainless steel scale is extremely sturdy and durable, helping to make working in the kitchen a little easier.
- Artificial Lamb Ear and White Berry Wreath from Target, $34.99 // The artificial wreath can be adorned with holly berries and ribbon for Christmas or left plain to decorate your home year round. Personally, I love it hanging on a white shiplap background for a minimalist frame.
- Striped Pot Holder (Set of 2) — Black/White from Target, $5.99 // Might as well snatch up two of these sets of bold, striped pot holders. They provide a classic look paired with quality material that will accentuate any kitchen with class and comfort.
- Lidded Jar Container Candle 8 oz — Cedar Magnolia from Target, $12.99 // Y’all there are a number of candle options included in Chip and Joanna’s Hearth and Hand line and they’re fab. The one pictured and linked is Cedar Magnolia, but there’s also Teakwood Currant, Cardamom & Vetiver, and Sugared Birch.
- Galvanized House Lanterns from Target, $19.99 // These house shaped framed, farm lanterns come in different sizes. The aluminum structure paired with glass enclosures provide a durable framework. Place candles in them, or pack them with balsam, battery operated lights, holly berries, and/or ornaments to make any room a little more festive.
- ‘Morning, Handsome’ … ‘Morning, Beautiful’ mugs from Target, $5.99 // Stone mugs in white and black with the text ‘Morning, Handsome’ and ‘Morning, Beautiful’ on them. They’re distressed with motif along the handles, adding a subtle rustic touch to the cups.
- Stoneware Serving Bowl Medium — Cream from Target, $22.99 // I’m obsessed with the clean cut look of all the Hearth & Home white dishware. Can’t go wrong with a white bowl that can fit snacks to share and it’s microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Galvanized Vase with Flower Frogger — from Target, $16.99-$19.99 // These tall metal vases are available in the galvanized silver or black.
- Textured Stoneware Pitcher — Cream from Target, $20.99 // Ah, can you say obsessed?! These cream stone pitcher is beautiful. It’s great for serving or for decoration. Fill it with milk or juice or place some cotton strands in it for decor.
- Tote Bag — Hearth & Home with Magnolia from Target, $19.99 // Available in store in only assorted neutral colors: the tan canvas pictured and a a black color.
- Kitchen Towel Set (2 Pack) in Black and Cream from Target, $9.99 // This two pack of towels is adorned with an ‘x’ pattern and stripes. They’re 100 percent cotton so they do a keen job in absorbing water while simultaneously being soft to the touch. The best part? The neutral colors fit in with almost any decor!
- Galvanized Metal and Wood Wall Shelf (Set of 3) from Target, $39.99 // Each of these floating shelves are different dimensions to offer a variation of rustic edge with a modern touch.
- Plaid Coir Doormat (18″x30″) from Target, $12.99 // I love the simplicity and classy look of this doormat. You can’t go wrong with the basic coir, but the plain black plaid adds the right amount of extra style needed without being too much.
- Flatware 5-piece Matte Black — Hearth & Hand from Target, $19.99 // This flatware set includes five pieces: 1 dinner fork, 1 dinner spoon, 1 dinner knife, 1 salad spoon, and 1 small spoon. It’s a simplistic way to update your dinner table.
- Glass Vase with Brass Wrap — Hearth & Hand from Target, $16.99 // These glass vases come in medium and large sizes, but let’s be honest…you can’t get just one of them…you have to get both. They are perfect for any arrangements from centerpieces with flowers to candles.
- Stone Salt and Pepper Cellars from Target, $5.99 // These canisters come with easily removable lids and they’re dishwasher safe.