And just when I thought the journey was over, God threw a curve-ball into my Miss America Organization story. I found out in the fall of 2017, just months after completing what I thought was my final attempt at the job of Miss Wisconsin that the Miss America Organization was extending the age limit. I waited until it was concrete in writing, then signed up for the two competitions I knew I was eligible for – Miss Wisconsin Central and Miss Wisconsin Sweeps.
Then on Sunday, March 25 I was crowned Miss Wood Violet 2018 aside four other new titleholders, rounding out the Miss Wisconsin Class of 2018. It was still a very surreal feeling to wrap my head around, but I was eager to focus on the following (short) months leading up to state knowing if it was in God’s plans for me to serve the state – it would happen.
Accomplishments and appearances during my year as Miss Wood Violet 2018:
- Appeared at the Wisconsin Rapids Kiwanis Club’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Spoke on WKOW News 27’s Wake Up Wisconsin Weekend statewide show to promote Miss America Serves Day, my MAO journey, my personal platform and Miss Wisconsin ticket sales.
- Participated in Miss America Serves Day at the Wisconsin Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee, sorting through and organizing clothing at the Robyn’s Nest
- Attended Miss Wisconsin Prep Day in Oshkosh
- Appeared at Nekoosa High School Future Business Leaders of America’s Princess Prom event
- Held an online Children’s Miracle Fundraiser through Ellie Illustrations, raising $55 to help make miracles happen
- Launched a video campaign highlighting, “Let’s Talk: Skill Sets 4 Success” in correlation with Young Professionals week in Wisconsin
- Announced and handed out awards the Special Olympics Track Meet in Merrill
- Organized a Golf Outing FORE Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at The Ridges in Wisconsin Rapids, raising more than $1,000!
- Spoke at Verona High School about, “Let’s Talk: Skill Sets 4 Success”
- Visited Grant Elementary School and spoke to students about #SkillSets4Success
- Held my 4th Annual Garage Sale benefiting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals