Have someone on your Christmas shopping list that’s a little difficult to find the perfect gift for? How about going down the practical route and getting them something you’ll know the’ll use in some capacity — a.k.a. something for the kitchen. Because let’s be honest, who doesn’t love food? If you know that person in particular enjoys cooking or baking it’s simply an added bonus. Here are some of my favorite items compiled into one convenient location for ya…
- A cookbook. This gem pictured, “Cravings” is written by Chrissy Teigen, model turned into blogger and subsequently an author and it is filled with a number of delicious recipes. Once you get all the basics needed, the text makes it extremely easy to change up what’s on the menu on a daily basis. // Hardcover version available at Barnes & Noble for $17.99
- State cheese board. What’s better than a little home state pride? This top shelf living Wisconsin slate cheese board is available at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and they have various state options available. It’s great for its practical use or for decoration. // Snag it here for $19.99.
- French Press Set. Have a coffee lover or perhaps a caffeine addict on your shopping list this holiday season? Help them up their at-home brew with a french press. This ‘Bodum Made in Portugal 3-piece Copper French Press Set’‘ from TJ Maxx is sleek, not to mention it’s only $34.99!
- Decanter and Glass Set. // Five Piece Fitzy & Floyd Decanter and Glass Set for $29.99, comes in copper or silver — totally playing into the blush/rose gold craze.
- Coasters. I have a newfound obsession with the Food Network’s line of kitchen items at Kohl’s (especially their white dishware, which I’ll get to shortly). I recently bought these marble and wood coasters from that line and love the sleekness with the touch of edginess. // Food Network Marble & Acacia 4-piece Coaster Set from Kohl’s for $17.49 [SALE]
- KitchenAid Professional 6 Qt. Pro Bowl Lift Stand Mixer. // I’ve admired these mixers for years as a go-to ‘big girl’ item necessary in one’s kitchen. They make baking and cooking seamless, allowing for multi-tasking during preparations. What color is your favorite? That’s the difficult decision... // KitchenAid Professional 6 Qt. Mixer in Silver from TJ Maxx for $249.99
- Ninja Chopper. A perfect addition for the kitchen for that special someone who loves to cook. And if they’re anything like me, they’re probably not the best at chopping fruits, veggies, meats, etc. by hand. Help them out a bit this holiday season! // Ninja Express Chopper from Target (in red or black) for $19.99
- Keurig. As a loyal coffee addict (hence the name of my blog), I can’t say enough praise about Keurigs. The flexibility to buy a small one for the office for a midday pick-me-up or two or to buy the larger version for home is truly a win-win. // Keurig K475 Single-Serve on sale at Kohl’s for $139.99
- Spiral Vegetable Slicer Set. A must-have kitchen item that makes eating healthy a little easier. This Paderno World Cuisine 4-Piece Slicer from Wayfair comes with a variety of blades and it’s dishwasher safe! // Vegetable Slicer Set from Wayfair for $40.99
- Bar Tool Set. Thinking a little outside of the box here with some kitchen items someone may want, but not necessarily buy for themselves. I love this Oggi 10-Piece Professional Stainless Steel Bar Tool Set from Bed, Bath, & Beyond because (1) it has ten freakin’ pieces with it and (2) it includes it’s own cutting board. // BUY IT FOR ONLY $39.99
- An apron. Let’s be honest, a chef could always use a new apron. This one is especially cute… // Kate Spade New York Polka Dot Apron from Macy’s $30.00
- Electric Wine Opener. The ability to effortlessly remove a cork from a wine bottle within seconds is one that will forever change your life; dead serious friends. This rechargeable opener can open up to 120 bottles in a single charge. It’s a little pricy, but SO worth it! // Cuisinart Commercial Wine Opener from Williams Sonoma for $99.95
Finding a warm winter coat at an affordable price can be a difficult task. If you’re anything like me, you have a variety of jackets and coats to choose from; but you inevitably continue to buy new ones (it’s necessary with crazy Wisconsin winters).
I recently snagged this cargo, cheetah faux fur lined Zara parka from TJ Maxx for only $49.99 and dare I say it’s warmer than my Colombia down parka? Well, it is. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find this exact olive cargo parka on TJ Maxx’s website, but encourage you to check out your local store to see if you can find it on location!Nonetheless, I’ve linked a number of similar styled coats for you below.
- Puffer Coat with Faux Fur Hood from Zara, $45.90 // BUY HERE
- Madden Girl Juniors Military Style Parka from TJ Maxx, $39.99 // SHOP HERE
- Long Puffer Coat from Zara, $99 // BUY HERE
- Hooded Parka from Zara in Moss Green, $69.99 // SHOP HERE
- Hooded Parka in Dark Khaki with Faux Fur from Zara (with detachable fur hood lining), $149 // SHOP HERE — very similar to the olive & cheetah one I have!
- Steve Madden Hooded Parka with Faux Fur at TJ Maxx, $59.99 // SHOP HERE
- Juniors Rocawear Puffer Coat from TJ Maxx in Olive, $49.99 // SHOP HERE
If you’re a fan of Fixer Upper or know someone that is, this gift guide is ideal for your shopping needs. Their ‘Hearth & Hand’ line recently launched at Target and they have a number of affordable, cute home items that will make wonderful Christmas presents (either for yourself or someone else). Here are my favorites under $100:
- Food Scale Black — Hearth & Hand with Magnolia from Target, $14.99 // This stainless steel scale is extremely sturdy and durable, helping to make working in the kitchen a little easier.
- Artificial Lamb Ear and White Berry Wreath from Target, $34.99 // The artificial wreath can be adorned with holly berries and ribbon for Christmas or left plain to decorate your home year round. Personally, I love it hanging on a white shiplap background for a minimalist frame.
- Striped Pot Holder (Set of 2) — Black/White from Target, $5.99 // Might as well snatch up two of these sets of bold, striped pot holders. They provide a classic look paired with quality material that will accentuate any kitchen with class and comfort.
- Lidded Jar Container Candle 8 oz — Cedar Magnolia from Target, $12.99 // Y’all there are a number of candle options included in Chip and Joanna’s Hearth and Hand line and they’re fab. The one pictured and linked is Cedar Magnolia, but there’s also Teakwood Currant, Cardamom & Vetiver, and Sugared Birch.
- Galvanized House Lanterns from Target, $19.99 // These house shaped framed, farm lanterns come in different sizes. The aluminum structure paired with glass enclosures provide a durable framework. Place candles in them, or pack them with balsam, battery operated lights, holly berries, and/or ornaments to make any room a little more festive.
- ‘Morning, Handsome’ … ‘Morning, Beautiful’ mugs from Target, $5.99 // Stone mugs in white and black with the text ‘Morning, Handsome’ and ‘Morning, Beautiful’ on them. They’re distressed with motif along the handles, adding a subtle rustic touch to the cups.
- Stoneware Serving Bowl Medium — Cream from Target, $22.99 // I’m obsessed with the clean cut look of all the Hearth & Home white dishware. Can’t go wrong with a white bowl that can fit snacks to share and it’s microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Galvanized Vase with Flower Frogger — from Target, $16.99-$19.99 // These tall metal vases are available in the galvanized silver or black.
- Textured Stoneware Pitcher — Cream from Target, $20.99 // Ah, can you say obsessed?! These cream stone pitcher is beautiful. It’s great for serving or for decoration. Fill it with milk or juice or place some cotton strands in it for decor.
- Tote Bag — Hearth & Home with Magnolia from Target, $19.99 // Available in store in only assorted neutral colors: the tan canvas pictured and a a black color.
- Kitchen Towel Set (2 Pack) in Black and Cream from Target, $9.99 // This two pack of towels is adorned with an ‘x’ pattern and stripes. They’re 100 percent cotton so they do a keen job in absorbing water while simultaneously being soft to the touch. The best part? The neutral colors fit in with almost any decor!
- Galvanized Metal and Wood Wall Shelf (Set of 3) from Target, $39.99 // Each of these floating shelves are different dimensions to offer a variation of rustic edge with a modern touch.
- Plaid Coir Doormat (18″x30″) from Target, $12.99 // I love the simplicity and classy look of this doormat. You can’t go wrong with the basic coir, but the plain black plaid adds the right amount of extra style needed without being too much.
- Flatware 5-piece Matte Black — Hearth & Hand from Target, $19.99 // This flatware set includes five pieces: 1 dinner fork, 1 dinner spoon, 1 dinner knife, 1 salad spoon, and 1 small spoon. It’s a simplistic way to update your dinner table.
- Glass Vase with Brass Wrap — Hearth & Hand from Target, $16.99 // These glass vases come in medium and large sizes, but let’s be honest…you can’t get just one of them…you have to get both. They are perfect for any arrangements from centerpieces with flowers to candles.
- Stone Salt and Pepper Cellars from Target, $5.99 // These canisters come with easily removable lids and they’re dishwasher safe.
Earlier this week I posted on my Instagram story talking about how my desire and love for expanding my fashion and lifestyle blog stems from helping people fine affordable clothing. Last weekend, a girlfriend and I were discussing how we follow A LOT of bloggers on Instagram, but sincerely appreciate when we click on an outfit they’re wearing and a pair of boots are say $40 instead of $400. I mean let’s be honest, adulting is hard no one has extra cash to drop on a $150 sweater or $200 jeans, I don’t care how ‘fabulous’ the quality is. I want to be able to get key, quality items for a decent price and I want you to be able to do the same.
With that being said, I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family and friends. I traveled home to Wisconsin Rapids on Wednesday evening to enjoy the holiday with family at my parents’ house; lots of delicious food and great company! Rather than buying something new to wear (like I typically do for holidays, events, special gatherings, etc.), I pulled a Mossimo cream sweater out of my closet that I bought at Target a couple years ago and paired it with my suede fur vest from Maurices. // SHOP similar ‘Women’s Nep Pullover White Mossimo Sweater’ from Target for $20
I seriously think I got this suede vest in junior high (perhaps high school) and have thought about tossing it in a garage sale box a couple times…now, I’m thankful I didn’t. Faux fur vests are everywhere right now and what’s even better is the fact that they’re so comfortable. It’s like wearing a blanket everywhere you go! I’ve linked some of my favorites under $100 for you to shop:
Stay stylish and warm my friends,
The holiday season is quickly approaching and with that comes the frantic thought of trying to cross everyone off of your shopping list. No need to worry, I’ve got you covered!
- Love Your Melon beanie or hat. First off, I can’t say enough positive things about this organization. They were founded in by two college students with a mission to improve the lives of children battling cancer by donating 50 percent of their proceeds to nonprofit partners to combat the fight against pediatric cancer. How can YOU help? Buy the millennial or any age lady in your life for that matter a stylish hat this holiday season! The ‘Black Speckled Gold Foil Hat‘ is only $35. It’s 100 percent cotton and is made in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The ‘Crimson Washed Baseball Cap‘ for $30 is another one of my favorites, naturally I would choose the red color because it’s my favorite. It also comes in a sea glass, navy, grey, and khaki color.
- Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked Ultimate Basics. These are all neutral, matte shades in a convenient square compact. “I love the depth of color. I personally love working with matte because it looks great every day, but they offer enough smokey colors where you can turn it into a night look,” commented Olivia Mercer. She received the pallete last year for Christmas and after using it every single day she still has not depleted the colors. It’s available for $54 at Ulta!
- Copper 16oz. Corckcicle Tumbler. These cups are amazing and perfect for a young professional or college student on the go. They are stainless steel with triple insulation with the capability of keeping cold drinks chilly for up to 9 hours and hot ones for 3 hours. They come in a variety of colors for only $24.95, I love the copper. However, you can’t go wrong with the classic white, black, or silver.
- Sugar Lips Blooming Beauty Collection. She’ll feel like she hit the jackpot when she opens these puppies up and tries them out for the first time. The lip treatment has SPF 15 providing a plethora of moisture with oils and antioxidants. PLUS, many of them are tinted with a subtle, but perfect amount of color. Shop the set at Nordstrom Rack for $38 // A usual $48 value.
- Hunter Boots. THE actually best. Like if a shoe could be a GOAT it would be these boots, hands down. I had wanted some for quite some time and “Santa” bought them for me last Christmas. They come in a variety of heights and colors and work great in the spring and summer on rainy days, fall season with leggings and sweaters, and transition perfectly into winter with fleece inserts when the snow begins to fall. The ones pictured are ‘Original Tall’ in black which cost $155 // they come in matte or gloss.
- Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Alex and Ani Bracelet. Truthfully, any Alex and Ani bracelet would make an awesome present for a millennial woman (I’ve touched on it in previous gift guides). I’m just partially to HP because after all, it’s Harry Potter. The Deathly Hallows one is $28 and comes in silver and gold. There’s also a Lumos set of 3, Hogwarts two tone option, and numerous necklaces and rings. //If the person on your list isn’t a Harry Potter fan, search for a bracelet that may have meaning to your relationship with them or perhaps a passion of theirs.
- Gemstone iPhone 6//7//8 (and plus) case. A no brainer if you happen to be also buying her a new iPhone is to pair it with a stylish case. Personally, I’m a huge fan of marble and rose gold is trending; this case hits both of those points while providing a sturdy, protective defense for your precious cargo. Snatch it up for $20 at Nordstrom Rack or search similar ones online. // Personally I love Amazon Prime, it’s inexpensive and arrives quickly!
- Memory Foam Bath Pillow. I stumbled upon this as of lately while searching my Target app and you can bet it’s on my Christmas list this year. The Spa Sensations large white pillow suction cups onto the tub for optimal relaxation, what’s not to love? Oh, and it’s on sale for $16.14!
- Wet Hair Brush. These IntelliFlex bristles are miracle workers, helping to glide through white, tangled hair with ease without the hassle of using products…OR worse, ripping out chunks of your luscious locks. There’s countless colors and designs to choose from for just $9.99, I’m a fan of the plan light wood option.
- Aromatherapy Diffuser. It converts water and oils into mist to both humidify whatever room it’s placed in, but diffuse the scent while preserving health benefits. The one pictured is a ‘NextGadget BPA Free Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser’ for $42.99 on Amazon Prime. There’s so many good ones to choose from, it really just depends on the decor in which room you plan to place it. // Here’s a couple other options from Kohl’s — ‘Ellia by HoMedics Soothe Essential Oil Diffuser for $39.99‘ and ‘Serene House Aura Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser for $59.99.’
- Essential Oils. The 8 Essential Oil Set pictured from Amazon has eight essential oils that can be used for aromatherapy, custom massage and body oils, diffusers, vaporizers, oil burners, inhalation, perfume, blends, spa, home care and cleaning products. So many options!
- Maria Shireen Classic Design Hairband Bracelet. There’s nothing worse than having a hairband on your wrist in a professional setting, at a fancy event, or on a daily basis for that matter when it doesn’t fit right with other bracelets and jewelry. This solves that issue. It comes in silver, gold, or rose gold for $45 a piece OR you can buy the trio set for $120.
- Cozy Slippers. These Abound Mellanie Faux Fur Pompom Slippers from Nordstrom Rack for $24.97 come in burgundy, grey, black, and blush. Here’s another Pom Pom Slipper option for $9.99!
- Bath Bombs. I freakin’ love baths. After a long workout, day, or week it’s nice to take an hour or longer and just relax. Not only do they offer a relaxing vibe and sometimes calming scent, but they’re uber fun. // Shop bath bombs at Ulta here.
- Ivanka Trump’s Women Who Work book. I don’t care what your political beliefs are, I think Ivanka has great insight on women in the workforce. It’s a fabulous read for young professional ladies in need of a little extra motivation in their careers and life in general. // Buy the hardcover copy for $20.80 from Barnes & Noble.
- Starbucks Gift Card.
- WOLF Caroline Leather Travel Jewelry Case. It’s always tedious to throw jewelry into ziplocks or perhaps in a travel makeup case when on-the-go. Necklaces get tangled, earrings get lost…it’s just not a good situation. This black leather, quilted case is so cute and compartmentalized perfectly to fit everything in an organized manner. // Buy it from TJ Maxx for $39.99. Also, here’s the same case in red.
- Charcoal Face Mask. This ‘Origins Active Charcoal Mask’ for $27 is heaven in a small, squeezable tube. “Bamboo Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Skin looks clear, feels perfectly pure.”
- Waterproof bluetooth speaker. This ‘Soundbot Water Resistant Bluetooth Speaker‘ is $14.48 and comes in white, green, blue, pink, and yellow. It provides high definition sound with up to 6 hours of playtime when fully charged. Not to mention, it is compatible with both Android and iPhones, tablets, iPods, MP3 players, and other bluetooth capable devices.
- A watch. I don’t think you can ever go wrong with buying someone a nice, classic or perhaps trendy watch as a gift. It’s a classy, statement piece that truly never goes out of style and is extremely useful (even in the cell phone attached world we live in today). Any neutral color one is a wise choice. In particular, I love gold and rose gold tones; especially this ‘Skagen Rose Gold and Beige Women’s Watch‘ for $49.99 from TJ Maxx.
Comments, questions? Leave your thoughts below, I’d love to hear them! Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram @CamerasAndCoffeeBlog.
On Monday, I started a new job in Madison and I couldn’t be more excited for this new chapter. After a period of time spent at home, it’s great to get back to the grind and have a stagnant schedule once again. But enough about me, after pulling an old pair of pants out of my closet for my first day of work, I thought I would share some similar styles with you.Mind you, these pants are from H&M and were bought years ago. I thought about getting rid of them a handful of times because of just how flared out they are at the bottom, but kept telling myself they are great for professional environments. Lucky for me (and you) wide legged pants are very in style. So although I couldn’t find the exact pair I own, I found countless others for you to choose from at great prices!
- Mid Rise Belted Wise Leg Pant from Express, $88.00 — These are a little pricier, but I love the 70’s, chic vibe they give off. Plus, you can never go wrong with dress clothes (or frankly most any clothes) from Express; the quality comes with the price tag.
See what I did with that post title? Caught your attention, didn’t I?
Whelp, sorry to burst your bubble, but there’s nothing steamy or scandalous about this post (well other than the deals I suppose). I asked and you, my Instagram followers voted in favor of seeing a break down of my home good items currently in my apartment so I figured I’d start with my favorite room: my bedroom.I had a dark blue and white patterned duvet the last couple of years and HATED it. If you’ve had a duvet, you know my struggle and if not…well I wouldn’t necessarily recommend buying one. They aren’t the most conducive when it comes to washing and you can never get your bed made neat enough because it simply doesn’t lay right. Yes, the struggle is real folks. I knew I wanted a cleaner, simpler look while still keeping my rustic wood furniture and gold hues with blue accents (a proven color that provides a calming presence and relaxation). So I went back to my basic white down comforter and focused on buying furniture that fit the rustic chic vibe I was aiming for.Here are the items in my room for you to shop for yourself:
- Elian Upholstetrd Grey Tufted Bedframe/Headboard is from WayFair, purchased for $229. For the past couple years, I’ve just used a metal bed frame because I wasn’t a huge fan of the black metal headboard I had in college. When I came across this tufted frame a few months ago I just couldn’t pass it up. I was a little weary because I hadn’t purchased anything from WayFair prior to that, but I can confidently tell you their products are amazing and I’m without a doubt addicted. In fact, I now have the app with various “Idea Boards” for different rooms in my apartment. Best part? It comes in the Grey, Beige, Charcoal, Navy, Pink, Olive Green, and Radiant Violet.
- Better Homes and Gardens Crossmill Collection TV Stand from Walmart (Weathered Color), $248 – I love, love, LOVE the washed out wood color, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the hardware on this piece when it was purchased. So when I moved it into my bedroom I changed out all the hardware on the pieces to gold knobs from Home Depot to tie in that gold hue in my room. Right now this is temporarily in my living room until I get the dark wood entertainment center I want from Wayfair and a larger TV for the living area (Black Friday can’t come soon enough)!
- Better Homes and Gardens Crossmill Bookcase from Walmart (Weathered Color), $129 – Initially this was purchased as a pantry when I lived in a very small one bedroom apartment in La Crosse and needed some extra shelf space, knowing I would utilize it in my bedroom once I moved into a larger space.
- Better Homes and Gardens Square 4-Cube Organizer from Walmart (Weathered Color), $37.96
- Collapsible Storage Bins (4 Pack) in Grey from Walmart, $16.99
- Multi-Colored Canvas Painting from Hobby Lobby, $49.99 – Unfortunately, the Hobby Lobby website isn’t the best to navigate around and as hard as I tried, I couldn’t find this print online. There’s a chance they may have it in store, it was surrounded with other gold, white, and navy blue home decor. Good luck, that store is seriously a vortex!
- Herringbone Throw Blanket — Project 62 from Target, 19.99
- Rustic wood mirror was purchased at Michael’s a few years ago (sorry) and the white and burlap material jewelry holder with pearl push pins is from TJ Maxx!
My white with grey paisley sheets on my bed are Tahari Home from TJ Maxx and were purchased awhile ago for under $40. I would highly recommend browsing your local TJ’s if you’re looking for some good quality sheets at a discounted rate! However, I would also advise picking up some of my extra pillowcase and box spring sheets which are Microfiber Room Essentials from Target of all places. They’re only $20, yes, you read that right…only $20 and they’re the softest sheets I’ve ever owned. My mom bought similar ones for my bed at my parents, go check them out you won’t regret it! [SHOP ROOM ESSENTIALS MICROFIBER SHEETS HERE]
Then of course, there’s a number of items that are still on my “to purchase” list. Like a dark blue floor vase of some sort, an area rug that’s currently on an idea board of mine on Wayfair and some more picture frames. If you have any questions or feedback, I’d love to hear it! Either comment below or follow @CamerasAndCoffeeBlog on Instagram and send me a message!
P.S. If you know where I can find a great quality, fluffy white down comforter at a good price PLEASE let me know, thanks!
As always, stay classic and comfy my friends,