See what I did with that post title? Caught your attention, didn’t I?
Whelp, sorry to burst your bubble, but there’s nothing steamy or scandalous about this post (well other than the deals I suppose). I asked and you, my Instagram followers voted in favor of seeing a break down of my home good items currently in my apartment so I figured I’d start with my favorite room: my bedroom.I had a dark blue and white patterned duvet the last couple of years and HATED it. If you’ve had a duvet, you know my struggle and if not…well I wouldn’t necessarily recommend buying one. They aren’t the most conducive when it comes to washing and you can never get your bed made neat enough because it simply doesn’t lay right. Yes, the struggle is real folks. I knew I wanted a cleaner, simpler look while still keeping my rustic wood furniture and gold hues with blue accents (a proven color that provides a calming presence and relaxation). So I went back to my basic white down comforter and focused on buying furniture that fit the rustic chic vibe I was aiming for.Here are the items in my room for you to shop for yourself:
- Elian Upholstetrd Grey Tufted Bedframe/Headboard is from WayFair, purchased for $229. For the past couple years, I’ve just used a metal bed frame because I wasn’t a huge fan of the black metal headboard I had in college. When I came across this tufted frame a few months ago I just couldn’t pass it up. I was a little weary because I hadn’t purchased anything from WayFair prior to that, but I can confidently tell you their products are amazing and I’m without a doubt addicted. In fact, I now have the app with various “Idea Boards” for different rooms in my apartment. Best part? It comes in the Grey, Beige, Charcoal, Navy, Pink, Olive Green, and Radiant Violet.
- Better Homes and Gardens Crossmill Collection TV Stand from Walmart (Weathered Color), $248 – I love, love, LOVE the washed out wood color, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the hardware on this piece when it was purchased. So when I moved it into my bedroom I changed out all the hardware on the pieces to gold knobs from Home Depot to tie in that gold hue in my room. Right now this is temporarily in my living room until I get the dark wood entertainment center I want from Wayfair and a larger TV for the living area (Black Friday can’t come soon enough)!
- Better Homes and Gardens Crossmill Bookcase from Walmart (Weathered Color), $129 – Initially this was purchased as a pantry when I lived in a very small one bedroom apartment in La Crosse and needed some extra shelf space, knowing I would utilize it in my bedroom once I moved into a larger space.
- Better Homes and Gardens Square 4-Cube Organizer from Walmart (Weathered Color), $37.96
- Collapsible Storage Bins (4 Pack) in Grey from Walmart, $16.99
- Multi-Colored Canvas Painting from Hobby Lobby, $49.99 – Unfortunately, the Hobby Lobby website isn’t the best to navigate around and as hard as I tried, I couldn’t find this print online. There’s a chance they may have it in store, it was surrounded with other gold, white, and navy blue home decor. Good luck, that store is seriously a vortex!
- Herringbone Throw Blanket — Project 62 from Target, 19.99
My white with grey paisley sheets on my bed are Tahari Home from TJ Maxx and were purchased awhile ago for under $40. I would highly recommend browsing your local TJ’s if you’re looking for some good quality sheets at a discounted rate! However, I would also advise picking up some of my extra pillowcase and box spring sheets which are Microfiber Room Essentials from Target of all places. They’re only $20, yes, you read that right…only $20 and they’re the softest sheets I’ve ever owned. My mom bought similar ones for my bed at my parents, go check them out you won’t regret it! [SHOP ROOM ESSENTIALS MICROFIBER SHEETS HERE]
Then of course, there’s a number of items that are still on my “to purchase” list. Like a dark blue floor vase of some sort, an area rug that’s currently on an idea board of mine on Wayfair and some more picture frames. If you have any questions or feedback, I’d love to hear it! Either comment below or follow @CamerasAndCoffeeBlog on Instagram and send me a message!
P.S. If you know where I can find a great quality, fluffy white down comforter at a good price PLEASE let me know, thanks!
As always, stay classic and comfy my friends,