I know many people swoon over the summer months and I don’t blame them, I love them too. But, my favorite time of year is right now. As the crisp air moves in, the humidity dissipates, and the leaves begin to change. There’s many reasons why I love fall…
- It’s the perfect ‘jeans and a baseball cap’ weather paired with a light jacket, vest, sweater, or sweatshirt (Lord knows you can never have too many oversized crewnecks).
- Football season is in full force, baseball season is coming to an end, and hockey season is beginning (can you say “trifecta“).
- You can still sport sandals (most days) and for someone who is not a huge fan of socks, that’s a win. Plus, the transitional point of the year also allows you to break out boots and booties as well.
- There’s countless traditional activities and food items that I’ll dive more into detail about in a blog post later this week. Including: apple orchards, pumpkin everything (yes, I’m that basic girl), a solid excuse for increase coffee consumption, homemade applesauce and apple pie, pumpkin picking, and of course I can’t forget Halloween! The list goes on and on…
- Finally, there’s the style aspect of the season and probably my favorite element. With the cold weather comes a need to layer in order to stay warm and cozy, something I’m completely in favor of! I thoroughly enjoy oversized sweaters, long-sleeved tops, cable knit sweaters, and last, but certainly not least – vests.
Upon ‘going through’ my closet to find said sweaters and vests I came to the realization that I have a lot. I dare say “too many” because I’m not sure that’s possible, but I do know I have a slight obsession with outerwear and I strongly feel that living in Wisconsin justifies that obsession. I found this grey, floral vest at TJ Maxx in Plover a couple weeks ago and instantly fell in love. It’s Artisan NY brand and unfortunately I can’t seem to find it on TJ’s website or anywhere else online for that matter, but you may have luck if you go to the store and peruse through the racks.
Here are some of my favorites I stumbled upon while browsing online:
- ‘Joe Fresh’ Floral Quilted Vest from Nordstrom Rack, $34.97
- Women’s Weathercast Faux Suede Trim Quilted Vest from Kohl’s, $62.99
- ‘Sweet Soulmate Vest’ in gray and white from The Mint Julep Boutique, $43
- Charter Club Flocked Polka Dot Vest from Macy’s (in blue and purple), $69.50
- Women’s Quilted Plaid Puffer Vest from Target, $34.99 – This just screams late fall, Christmas/holiday season to me!
The classic, herringbone J.Crew look-a-like vest has been popular the past couple years and truthfully it’s one of those staple looks that is extremely versatile and transcendent as the years pass on.
- Printed Quilted Puffer Vest from J.Crew Factory, $39.50
- ‘Whatever You Like’ Vest in black and white from The Mint Julep Boutique, $62
- Lexington Quilted Herringbone Vest from Francesca’s, $44
One of my favorite vests that I own is my navy blue and gold vest from Francesca’s and guess what? They have the same ‘Sloane Quilted Snap Collar Puffer Vest’ available this season again for $44 — [SHOP HERE].
My brown NorthFace vest shown third from the bottom of my pile in the picture above is the ‘Women’s Aconcagua Down Vest.’ I received it as a Christmas present two years ago now and loved it so much I wore it out for a run in the freshly fallen snow that morning before getting ready for a family get together. It comes in a variety of colors, I found it on the Dick’s Sporting Goods website for you where it’s available in purple, garnet red, black, red and white for $99 [SHOP HERE].
Stay comfy and warm my friends,